You’re going to hear some terrible things about me at the start of this week’s episode, and I want to say… it’s all true. Have a listen!
Since I’m apparently the AntiChrist in human form for not really watching Disney films as a child, I’m going to avoid Disney facts altogether and instead tell you some other interesting filmy things that occurred in 1963:
- Astro Boy, the Japanese manga created by Osamu Tezuka, debuted as an anime on the first of January.
- From Russia With Love, the second James Bond film was released on October 10th in the UK – almost exactly a year after the release of Dr. No.
- The Beatles recorded and released two albums this year. The second of the two, With The Beatles, was released November 22 – the same day as the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
- And the death of author C.S. Lewis.
- And the death of author Aldous Huxley.
- The Smiley face was invented by Harvey Ball.
- Steven Soderbergh, Lisa Kudrow, Quentin Tarantino, Michael Jordan, Helen Hunt Russel T. Davies and Coolio were all born this year.
That’s it for this week. Next week is the last episode for a while, and I’m retrieving one of my many lost pitches.